Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of Classes

Yup, today is the first day back to classes at SUNY Brockport. And, no, I will not be attending any of them. It is a little painful to imagine all my friends heading off to get syllabi and see each other around campus...with out me. I miss my glory days already. But maybe it's because we so less often hear about what happens after college. I know I've had many, many friends graduate too, but I don't honestly know what any of them are doing right now. Who went to grad school? What kind of jobs do they have? Where did they move to after Brockport? I would like to know.

Even though I am sad that I am not going back to Brockport this year, I can remember some of the reasons why I decided to graduate early. I miss my friends terribly, and certain aspects of the collegiate lifestyle, but I don't/won't miss: drunk college boys (assholes), early classes, late classes, exams, monster puddles, research papers, dorm rooms...the list goes on. So, the first day of classes is bittersweet.

Forever forward.

2 comments:

  1. "there are better things ahead than any we leave behind."-C.S.Lewis
    have to constantly remind myself to believe this...but it's true!!
    love ya girlie!!

    ReplyDelete